Re: Then it happened to me...

On 10/10/2021 22:27, Nate Bargmann wrote:
Years back there was an emailed newsletter titled Debian Weekly News.
At some point the author lost motivation as I recall and the newsletter
effectively ceased.

Oh that's sad

Keep in mind that Debian is an organization that
depends on volunteer effort to accomplish its goals.  I think you have
identified an area where you can help, i.e. the timely dissemination of
project news.

Yes I am aware of that, but I am curious why isn't any money spent on
that. To hire someone to spend two hours per week summarising news on
the list and post them? My English grammar is not that perfect to the
point where I can write to international audience, I a not a developer
either, so I wouldn't even understand everything what is going on.

That's why I do what I can - report bugs where I see them and send
donations to Debian every year. I'm just puzzled how many lists I have
subscribed to and I still miss all the news.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org