Re: [SOLVED] Re: Buster wget: The certificate of 'lists.debian.org' is not trusted

On Fri 01 Oct 2021 at 20:31:54 (+0200), Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> So again, for the archives:
>
>   apt-get update
>   apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> solved the wget certificate problem with the buster installation from
> juli 2020.

I have a buster system that was up-to-date from the last point-release
and kernel (2021-09-10  18:22:47).

The only certificate expiration problem I have observed (and still
observe, having taken no action) is with apt-listbugs:

  libjavascriptcoregtk-4.0-18 libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 tzdata
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/20.0 MB of archives.
After this operation, 76.8 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Retrieving bug reports... 0% Fail
Error retrieving bug reports from the server with the following error message:
E: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (certificate has expired)
It could be because your network is down, or because of broken proxy servers, or the BTS server itself is down. Check network configuration and try again
Retry downloading bug information? [Y/n]
One package at a time? [Y/n]
One bug report at a time? [Y/n]
 Fail
Error retrieving bug reports from the server with the following error message:
E: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=error: certificate verify failed (certificate has expired)
It could be because your network is down, or because of broken proxy servers, or the BTS server itself is down. Check network configuration and try again
Retry downloading bug information? [Y/n] n
Continue the installation anyway? [y/N] y
Retrieving bug reports... Done                   ← AIUI that's not truthful
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
Reading changelogs... Done
Preconfiguring packages ...

However, my next thought was to temporarily move my
/etc/apt/apt.conf file, which contains just the one proxy
line pointing at apt-cacher-ng, with the result that
apt-listbugs was able to run without any problem.

I have no problem visiting bugs.debian.org with firefox
and lynx, so there's no urgency. I'm just happy that
two days ago I did a full install of bullseye on a
machine through my proxy and with listbugs turned on.

But it is odd that telling APT not to retrieve any bugs
should still say "Retrieving bug reports... Done".

Cheers,
David.