Re: Slow graphics on Intel Xtreme?

I ran one game on Windows XP and it ran just fine, full FPS.
Same game got like 5 FPS on Debian? How is that possible?

Nils

Am 30. September 2021 22:16:50 MESZ schrieb "Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@einval.com>:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 03:27:18AM +0000, Nils wrote:
Hey,

I got a laptop from 2004, Intel Xtreme graphics inside.
Everything works fine, except 3D and even 2D acceleration. These seem to run fully on software even tho glxinfo claims opengl availability?

Here are the specs:
- Intel Celeron (2.6 GHz, single-core)
- 15" TFT (XGA 1024x768)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Intel Xtreme Graphics up to 64 MB, On demand
- 16-bit Soundblaster Pro compatible + AC 97 CODEC, Microphone, Stereo Speakers
- 60 GB HDD (IDE)
- 4xUSB 2.0
- TV-Out (S-Video), VGA-Out
- PS/2 port (keyboard & Mouseport)
- Line-Out, Mic-In
- Parallel port
- 10/100 Mbit LAN, 56k Modem V.90

Thx
Tuxifan

This would seem to be running on the very edge of hardware: I'm surprised
that anything graphical will run at all in 1GB of total memory and 64M
of video RAM.

If you were to take Debian from 15 years ago, Debian 3.1 (or maybe 4.x)
this would work very well. If you were to only use command line tools
it might well run Debian 11 - but anything graphical will struggle on
1G of memory, I think.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater