Re: usb audio interface recommendation

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 03:12:06AM +0000, ghe2001 wrote:
production; I have heard that older FocusRite interfaces work in
Linux.

So do new ones :-) I'm using one (last version, I think) with my
Supermicro AMD64 Buster.  Alsamixer sees it and selects it, and
Audaciy is happy with it.  Linux seems to call it Scarlett.

Thanks, Glenn.  I started to by a Scarlett, my dealer insisted on
selling me a MOTU M2 because MOTU claims "class compatibility" (as it
turns out, for Macintosh only).  The build quality of the MOTU is
impressive, but it has problems (noise) on every Linux machine I have
tried with it.  So tomorrow the MOTU gets returned for a Scarlett.

In addition to the Lexicons, a Shure X2U "just works" with Debian.

RLH