Re: different internet speed in debian and smart phone

On Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:46 PM kaye n <guikaye@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello friends,

Just to give an update in case anyone is interested.
One of the solutions provided in the link below seems to be effective for me.

https://itsfoss.com/speed-up-slow-wifi-connection-ubuntu/

"Solution 5: Ditch default network manager and embrace Wicd (possibly obsolete)"

Thank you everyone.
Stay safe.
Kaye

Hello Friends
Update again for anyone who's interested.
Wicd worked for a few days. Now it's as slow as the default Network Manager.
Really strange.
I give up.
Thank you for your time.

Hello Friends!

This is an old thread but I think I may have found the problem and I would like to know your opinion.
As a refresher, my wifi speed on my phone is significantly faster than on my 10-year old laptop.

Could this be the reason?

from:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-Wi-Fi-internet-slow-on-my-laptop-but-fast-on-my-phone
It could be the computer's Wi-Fi antenna. If the computer only supports 2.4GHz connections it will be slow. If it can use 5GHz but only with 802.11n it will be slower than a phone that has 802.11ac. Also the phone might use MIMO to increase its Wi-Fi bandwidth. Phones are usually upgraded more often than computers, so the phone probably has a newer, better antenna and support of newer faster Wi-Fi standards.

If that's the problem, could this be a possible solution?

from:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-internet-speed-on-my-laptop-so-slow-compared-to-my-mobile-phone-I-am-connecting-from-the-same-place-and-same-network
If you want to speed up your laptop check the WIFI adapter and if it is an older version buy a new wifi adapter with the latest WIFI (Wi-Fi 6, or 802.11ax today) - which will probably have to be an external USB dongle

Thank you for your time!