Resolved: Re: OT: Interpreting math markup

Intentionally top posting: Thanks to all who replied.  I think Chris hit the
nail on the head (in many ways) -- now I have to read the link he sent and
figure out what to change in my browser settings to see the rendered "math".

In the meantime, the interactive renderer on http://asciimath.org/#syntax
seems helpful -- I don't if it will render all the markup I encounter on
Quora, but until I get Firefox settings straightened out, I'll be trying the
renderer.

Iirc, I keep Java and Javascript disabled (and also use NoScript), I'll have
to see what I have to change, ideally only for Quora (or other pages with the
same markup).