Re: Problem installing

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 1:45 PM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 01:18:03PM -0500, Igor Korot wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> [...]
> > >
> > > Hm. Sorry. Doesn't ring a bell with me :-(
> >
> > If I continue - will I be able to do it after the install?
> >
> > If yes - how?
>
> Sorry. I have no idea. I can't guess in which state your
> installation process is: is this message actually coming
> from the Debian installer? Is this message coming from
> VirtualBox?

It is coming fro the installer and not from the VB.
And it is still doing the install at that point.

> > Maybe this way I will get an actual error and not the installer
> > message box.. ;-)
>
> Since you have not much to lose (except some time), perhaps it
> is a good idea.
>
> Perhaps it would be helpful if you could describe in a more
> detailed way what your steps are, at which point the problem
> arises and the exact error message.
>
> I can't guarantee to be able to help, but perhaps someone
> will have an idea here.
.
Very simple and straightforward process:
1. Downloaded mini.iso.
2. Created a VM with 4G of RAM and 500G HDD.
3. Started the install
4. In the first menu selected "Advanced Options", then "Expert Install"
5. Follow thru the {install} menu. On the "Choosing a mirror..." ,
selected "sid - unstable"
6. Got an error about "The installation media do not seem to contain a
valid Release file, or that file
could not be read correctly". I presume that this is OK, since
mini.iso contains only a boot image
and not really a full blown install.
7. Next got following error:
"Installation step failed."