Re: buggy N-M (was: Debian 11: Unable to detect wireless interface on an old laptop) computer

On Tue, 28 Sep 2021 16:12:21 +0200
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

>..
>
> But this wasn't my point. My point was rather that it is going out
> on a thin limb to say a complex piece of software isn't "buggy".

It's a matter of degree. All software has bugs, even if you haven't
seen them yet.

But only some software can be fairly described as 'buggy'. I have no
hesitation at all in declaring most of libreoffice to fall into this
category, with Base still virtually unusable i.e. extremely buggy. Calc
isn't too bad. Volume of users, I suppose, but Base will never gain
many users in its present state.

Claws-Mail verges on 'buggy', with frequent crashes. Firefox on my
unstable has blown through buggy and burst out of the other side. I can
only name two commercial websites which do not crash its tabs within
about thirty seconds. And that's after reinstalling it and all its
dependencies. I haven't bothered reporting it because I'm obviously the
only person seeing this. I blame JavaScript, as I do with most web
infelicities.

But my unstable desktop, including hardware, is in its last weeks of
life, so I'm not putting too much effort into fixing things. A new
installation should fix a multitude of sins.

--
Joe