Keep config?

Hi folks,

just an easy question: How can I force to keep or overwrite a configuration
during an upgrade? As I do not want it set fixed, I am searching for a
solution by setting a command.

I am sure, this can be done with setting a tag (so that I am not asked, if I
want to overwrite or keep), and searched through the manual of apt, aptitude
and dpkg, but somehow I must have something overseen (or misundertood).

What is the solution and where is this described?

Thanks for your help to this silly problem.

Best regards

Hans