Re: upgrading and stuff

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021 at 06:22:17PM -0400, songbird wrote:
> Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:

[Upgrading from Debian 8.11]

>   don't waste any more time trying to upgrade from a version that
> ancient.

I've done 8 to 10 (by way of 9) on ten different machines in the
year preceding the 11 release and I didn't find it very difficult or
time-consuming, though admittedly these were servers and those tend
to be less complex than desktops.

I'm not sure that going from 10 to 11 would add that much extra
work; it really depends on what packages are installed and how
carefully their configuration changes must be examined.

But yeah I wouldn't recommend it without that qualification, and it
may well be the case that a clean install is simpler and faster at
that point. A lot of people prefer that even for version x to
version x+1 changes.

Cheers,
Andy