Re: Your Thoughts on Printer Replacement

Charles Curley wrote:
> Requirements:
>
> * I print rarely, and I do use color. The carts on the L7700 tend to
>   go bad before they empty, Inkjet or laser? Or other?
>
> * Buster and Bullseye should both support any recommendations. I don't
>   use Windows.
>
> I've had good results with HP over the years, and they support Linux
> well.
>
> Reccomendations?

I have standard recommendations. In your case, I would ask: do
you need a printer?

If it's convenient for you to go to a local print shop, it will
be cheaper to use their high quality printers. It looks like
there are five places like that in town. (I looked at your web
page.)

If you print in black/white more often than you need color, you could
still use a local print shop or get things mailed to you for those
occasions - photos and posters, especially, but basically any document.

In that case, get a monochrome laser printer. I recommend a
Brother with all of the following features:

- BRScript/3 (their PostScript emulator)
- ethernet jack
- duplex

Prices start at about $100.

Other people can direct you to reliable color laser printers.

-dsr-