Re: Sound input source detected but not capturing

On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 22:52 +0530, Pankaj Jangid wrote:
> I have a fresh Bullseye installation on a laptop. Sound output is
> working. But the input is not working. The device is detected.

> $ arecord -l
> **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
> card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC236 Analog [ALC236 Analog]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
>
> In the gnome settings, input is showing built-in microphone but there
> is
> not movement in the capturing indicator.
>
> alsamixer is also showing the sound card (F6) - HDA Intel PCH.

Had the same problem,

apt-get purge pipewire
apt-get --purge autoremove

did the job. According to several posts on this list, pipewire doesn't
seem to work properly. Unfortunately there was no changelog warning
when upgrading and pipewire's developers do not seem to care much about
documentation.