Re: deprecated options in openssh

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 02:44:13PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
> As I understood the OP's first reply (to yourself), there are
> remote logs available, not logged locally but sent by email:
>
>   "/usr/sbin/logwatch --detail low --mailto xxx@domain.com"

I don't know anything about logwatch.  But if your premise is correct,
and logs are being collected onto a central machine and then processed
and ending up in the central machine's /var/log/syslog file, that
would be equivalent to having syslog() and syslogd set up for remote
logging -- just with extra steps and delays.

This would certainly explain how sshd startup complaints from machine X
are ending up in the /var/log/syslog file on machine Y.

You'd think the OP would know about this, if they did in fact set up
such a thing.