Re: is it possible to send e-mail via Yahoo's smtp servers using Thunderbird (78.13.0)?

On 11.09.2021 02:39, Gary Dale wrote:
I've got a Yahoo mail account (among others) that I use for a particular purpose. However it's been a while since I've been able to send e-mail from it using Yahoo's smtp servers. Instead I've been sending e-mail via another smtp server so the "From" address doesn't match the login domain. Gmail apparently now considers that to be sufficient reason to bounce the e-mail so I've been trying to get Thunderbird to use the Yahoo server to send mail for this account.

So far I haven't been able to come up with any combination of settings, including removing the account and recreating it in Thunderbird, that allow the mail to go through.

The messages I get either complain about the password or tell me "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Request failed; Mailbox unavailable. Please check the message and try again."

Does anyone have Thunderbird and Yahoo working together?

Pretty sure, it's the issue with Yahoo¹ ², nothing to do with Thunderbird.
Yahoo is following the same path as GMail, forcing their users to use web browsers as mail clients.
In case of GMail you have to use same generated "app-password" for both IMAP and SMTP services.
I guess the same principle will be for Yahoo.

[1] https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/temporary-access-insecure-sln27791.html
[2] https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/generate-manage-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html
--
With kindest regards, Alexander.