Re: deprecated options in openssh

On 10/09/2021 17:51, David Wright wrote:

When you commence your call, both you and the person at the other end
probably exchange some pleasantries, which confirm that you're both
who you say you are. These all get recorded too.

Ssh is no different.
Are you saying these entries could belong to an ssh client trying to connect as part of ssh handshake?

My messages are stamped 10:12:30 and 10:12:31. I run ntp across all hosts on the LAN. In auth.log there are no connection attempts logged between 10:10:07 and 10:14:05.

Could syslog also take time stamps from a client?