Re: how to forbid debhelper to modify /home ?

Le 03/09/2021 à 11:14, Harald Dunkel a écrit :
Hi folks,

how can I tell the debhelper scripts to not install home directories
for system services in /home (managed on a remote host in my environment),
but to use /var/lib instead?

I know I can block dpkg using apparmor, but this would break many
postinst scripts, at least for 3rd-party packages. Some kind of redirect
would be helpful.

Regards
Harri

I would do this the other way (but not eay tpo migrate) : add your users in another directory (/srv/home or something else) where you mpount your remote home directory, and keep system using /home.