Re: Firefox profiles on fresh install: default{-esr}

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:59:33 +0200
Marco Ippolito <maroloccio@gmail.com> wrote:

> I reinstalled Buster (basic installation with GUI, no additional
> packages chosen) and typed "about:profiles" in Firefox's URL bar.
>
> It shows two profiles:
>
> * Profile: default-esr
> * Profile: default
>
> with different Root Directories.
>
> What is the purpose of this duality and which Profile should I use?

Which Firefox do you have installed? The up-to-date (as much as it can
be) one or the ESR version? Or both, as I have? On unstable, the
current Firefox 87 is appallingly bad, crashing on about half of all
websites I try. It's so bad, I'm using Chromium or Opera when FF
crashes. Oddly, Epiphany is pretty awful as well, and Konqueror hasn't
worked for me for months.

If you only have one of the two installed, use the appropriate profile.

--
Joe