Re: Parallel processing unit cluster for single ffmpeg calls?

On 05/04/2021 12:14, Christoph K. wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering if I can build a cluster to convert / transcode videos
> with ffmpeg.
>
> There are some workstations standing around here ... and I though maybe
> it's possible to combine their computing power?
>
> To be clear: The task is to work on a single video as fast as possible.
>
> I found this, but it's from 2010:
> http://www.samir.ca/2010/11/23/high-speed-ffmpeg-cluster-encoding-with-python-and-avidemux.html
>
> I have no experience in clustering and would be grateful for any
> useful hint.

Another tool from 2010 is dvd::rip https://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/ ;

Specifically, the clustering information is at
https://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/doc/cluster.cipp

However, something more modern (and maintained) would be clustercode
https://ccremer.github.io/clustercode-docs/clustercode/index.html
although I've not tried that.