Re: Social-media antipathy (was Re: How i can optimize my operating system?)

On 3/12/21, The Wanderer <wanderer@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On 2021-03-12 at 03:27, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 11:11:16PM -0800, Weaver wrote:
>
>>> I have never had a Facebook account and never will.
>
>> We (three?)  are the invisible Internet Underground \o/
>>
>> [psst. don't tell anyone]
>>
>> ;-)
>
> I can go one better than that.
>
> Unless my memory is failing me, I have only ever visited facebook.com
> once in my life - and that was a mistake, I clicked on a link to
> something that looked interesting without first checking the target domain.

My memory may be failed, but I think the reason I have a Facebook
account is because I found they had my name listed. To this day, I
don't understand how websites get away with that. The first person who
finds your name gets to claim it as their own via that "Is this you?"
thing that they do. Some websites do the same thing for businesses,
too.

My Facebook is still hanging around for weeks like the one we just
had. I have two webpages to post over there. They'll be tagged with a,
"This is what I've been trying to tell everyone for fifteen years. I
haven't been lying nor exaggerating about the situation."

My "advocacy" moved to Twitter because it feels like there's a better
chance of reaching a wider audience. I used to do the hashtags on
Facebook, but it seemed a waste of time because I NEVER stumbled upon
anything written by anyone else. It never felt like there was room for
accidental meetings with others who might help further the expressing
of your concerns (for lack of a better way to put it).

So anyway...

Cindy...... :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey