Re: Is there an alternative filesystem hierarchy that could be adapted to Debian.

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:
> >   if you want to see an example of what it takes to
> > make changes to this sort of layout google "Debian
> > merged /usr" and read those threads.  :)
>
> I just read this:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/TheCaseForTheUsrMerge/
> It seems as a good idea that merge of /usr.

I'm just going to point out, since you probably don't know this:
there are certain topics which inspire religious-level
disagreements.

One of them is the choice of text editor. Yes, really. However,
that one is now, forty five years later, nearly extinct as long
as at least the major contenders are all available on an equal
footing.

Another is, effectively, any software system led by Lennart
Poettering, which includes PulseAudio and systemd. That one
isn't dead, and isn't resolved.

-dsr-