Re: Preseed Bug or User Error?

On 3/3/2021 11:53 PM, Charles Curley wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2021 18:47:16 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Major improvement, thank you! I did have to answer some questions on
the way through, but did get a good connection.

Good. As I tried to indicate, the priority at which d-i is run affects
which questions are asked. Otherwise you get the default; what you
call the "correct selection" later on. My preseed file starts with

   debconf debconf/priority string critical

That helped, thank you.

Something is preventing d-i from stopping before rebooting. I would
like to avoid that. There may be occasions when I want to examine the
results before I reboot. (I do know about /var/log/install.)

Near the EOF at (1):

"### Finishing up the installation
# During installations from serial console, the regular virtual consoles
# (VT1-VT6) are normally disabled in /etc/inittab. Uncomment the next
# line to prevent this.
#d-i finish-install/keep-consoles boolean true

# Avoid that last message about the install being complete.
d-i finish-install/reboot_in_progress note"

1)  https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/example-preseed.txt

--
John Doe