Re: Archivemail

On 25/1/21 7:41 am, Jochen Spieker wrote:
Is anybody still using MH mailboxes?

I think that means each mail in its own file? If so YES, because if I
lose a file, I lose only 1 email not thousands.

Also, progressive back-ups get very large very quickly using everything
in one file.

I also have in mind that every byte is 8 switches (or is it more with
modern file systems?).  It only takes 1 switch to fail to loose the
file. How many switches in a 1MB file - around 8,096. How many switches
on my 700GB data partition?  You get the drift.   And I have had files
simply disappear; several over the last year

Seriously, am I a pessimist? Or am I just taking the maxim about 2 kinds
of drives - the ones that have failed and the drives that are going to
fail - too seriously.

--
Keith Bainbridge

ke1thozgroups@gmx.com