MacOS Big Sur balenaEtcher Bug

Hello,

I downloaded the debian-10.7.0-amd64-netinst.iso image from the home page on Big Sur. I tried to flash it with balenaEtcher and am running into problems. When the flash is complete in balenaEtcher, it says files cannot be read by the system and when I look at the size of the USB bootable it becomes like 2-3 MB and looks corrupted.

Nevertheless, I booted into the debian installation and the interface does appear showing "Install Debian" although the screen is zoomed out really far. When I hit enter and it brings up the select language screen in the Debian installation, the screen is still zoomed out really far and the mouse or keyboard are unresponsive.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Configurations:
Big Sur 11.1

Partition Map: MBR