Re: Problems with kept back packages

On 1/3/21, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun 03 Jan 2021 at 14:56:26 (+0000), shadowmaker@logorroici.org wrote:
>> I have no idea how to solve this problem: I installed a Debian 10 in
>> my computer.
>

>> I don't know how to configure correctly the sources.list
>> file so I just changed all the 'buster' for 'bullseye' and it upgraded
>> well (but the Debian-security failed I don't know why. It would be
>> interesting if someone helps me with that).
>
> Because there is no security support for testing.

My apologies in advance if I've misinterpreted the question and thus
am about to waste space. :)

When I bumped from Buster to Bullseye, it took "a few seconds" of
digging to figure out why the previous security repository
declarations failed. I now have this in my user CHOICE of a
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.sources file:

Types: deb deb-src
URIs: http://security.debian.org/debian-security
Suites: bullseye-security
Components: main contrib non-free

It has been so long since I used the /etc/apt/sources.list file method
that it just now took "a few more seconds" to fall back into it, After
multiple stabs at it, this FINALLY worked correctly *for me*:

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main
contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security
main contrib non-free

That's all based on going back to packages.debian.org to refresh my
brain that I had stable, testing, and unstable all assigned to the
proper project names (Buster, Bullseye, and Sid, respectively).

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *