Peak load handling by Debian repository servers ????

How does Debian repository distribute load during peaks?
Where/how is this documented?

Consider the case when many users may specify the same URL in sources.list . If they all try to install packages at the same time there could be problems. How does a particular user know which physical server provided a particular package?

I have a problem that could be explained by different users receiving packages from different servers. My web searches and other posts have been futile. I need background information to be able to ask an answerable question.

Appropriate documentation URL?
TIA