Re: IPv4 specific issue with USB tethering between my Debian laptop and my phone

Dan Ritter wrote:
> ip link set USBNET0 mtu 1450, or something like that. I don't
> know NetworkManager's syntax for that; random googling suggests
> that they at least had a historical problem with not being able
> to set MTU on anything other than a pure ethernet or wifi link,
> but perhaps they've solved that?

"ip link" works on its side. I can see with wireshark that something
like "ip link set usb0 mtu 1300" is honored, but this doesn't solve
the problem (I've tried various values from 1000 to 1450).

Note that I could also see with wireshark that the iptables rules
with --clamp-mss-to-pmtu did not change the packet lengths.