Re: How to force compilerversion

On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 07:14:31PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> Am Freitag, 3. Dezember 2021, 14:20:14 CET schrieb Christian Britz:
> Hi Christian,
>
> yes, but kali is 99 percent debian, as you know. However, tried to build with
> CC=gcc-10, which is starting but not building.
>
> I believe, I have to download the nvidia installer, building from source does
> not work. There are still other problems. However, I reverted to nouveau at
> the moment.

Kali is "rolling Debian testing" as well, effectively so you might want to
ask how others have done it on a Kali channel.

On Debian, I find it easier to _only_ install something in text mode with no
X, then install the prereqs for nvidia, build the binary, and only then
install X - avoiding nouveau altogether

I don't know if you can do this on Kali.

All best, Andy C.