Re: Impossible to give "write" permission on a sub folder

On Mon 29 Nov 2021 at 23:26:53 (+0100), lists.debian@netc.eu wrote:
> [ … ] I have always been a Windows user, but for a while I've been thinking in changing to Linux. Last month I decided to do the change, but as we are 2 people at home (me and my wife), I've decided to do a dual boot while I can do all settings and familiarize myself with Debian, while she will still be using Windows (she is not a tech woman, she only wants something that works easily). So I want to be able to access and modify documents on the folders on Debian and Windows, as me and my wife have documents in common on these folders. As I stated before, the computer has 2 physical drives, one SSD with the 2 OSs and a HDD with all the data files (documents, pictures, ...) This drive is meant to be shared between all users, and the folders are there only for organisational purposes.

That does sound, then, as if a simpler filesystem would suffice,
and require less management. All the permissions complications
are unnecessary under your circumstances, assuming you trust
each other. Security (safety) is best provided by backups.

Cheers,
David.