Re: Fw: new buster install, dvd said 11.,1 but installed 10.1

Hi Gene,

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 09:03:21PM -0700, Charles Curley wrote:
> I have installed bullseye now, but still can't install anything fom
> trinity despite installing the keyrnig and the updatig it wth synaptic.
> What the hell is going on?

We don't know because despite being repeatedly asked to do so, you
do not show us exact error messages.

> Then I find this in the terminal screen I ran synaptic from.
>
> gene@coyote:~$ sudo -E synaptic
> [sudo] password for gene:
>
> (synaptic:8048): IBUS-WARNING **: 15:33:02.603: The owner of
> /home/gene/.config/ibus/bus is not root!
>
> (synaptic:8048): IBUS-WARNING **: 15:33:02.604: Unable to connect to
> ibus: Unexpected lack of content trying to read a line

I don't use synaptic but I understand these are just warnings. What
actual error do you see in the synaptic GUI?

What happens if you use "apt" to do the install?

"sudo -E" isn't a very good habit to get into either; it's going to
bite you some day if you use it habitually. As synaptic is a GUI
app, if it really needs to be run as root I'd expect it to be
launched with gksudo or synaptic-pkexec, but as I don't use synaptic
I've possibly missed something.

What is Trinity and is it actually packaged in Debian? If not, I
think you should be seeking help with the Trinity upstream.

Cheers,
Andy