Re: ceph storage

Gokan Atmaca <linux.gokan@gmail.com> wrote on 28/11/2021 at 20:39:51+0100:

> Hello
>
> I am installing ceph storage. I have 3 monitors, 3 OSD servers. I am
> using the link below for installation. (*) The error I get is as
> follows. I couldn't run "fdisk" on the OSD server.
>
> What could cause the problem?
>

> (*)
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-deploy.git

I could be wrong, but isn't ceph-deploy deprecated?

Regarding your specific error, it'd be worth diving in the python code
and try to put some debug prints at some relevant steps. Python3 is
trying to decode a string, which can't work, as strings in python3 are
already decoded (versus "bytestring" which are not).

Cheers,

--
PEB