Re: Debian 11 on old Macbook

Well if MacOSX is no longer booting immediately, then it appears installing rEFInd solved your initial problem, so that is good.

rEFInd is quite configurable via refind.conf, but you may find it is simpler to just ignore the Windows icon rather than try to force it not to appear. The hairy details are here:

https://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/configfile.html

And rEFInd has it's own mailing list for more user help here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/refind/discussion/general/