Re: apt install : command not found

Hi,

lists.debian@netc.eu wrote:
> To test I did "sudo apt install" and it worked !!!!
> [...]
> But just after I retried "apt install" and it not work. Here is all the output:
> [...]
> $ sudo apt install nfs-common
> Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
> [...]
> $ sudo apt install nfs-common
> sudo: apt install nfs-common : commande introuvable
> Now it seems to work again...
> Any idea ?

It seems strange that sudo lists in its error message the two arguments
together with the program name "apt".
So probably the perceived blanks in the failing line are not whitespace
in the eyes of the shell parser.

If i copy+paste your first (successful) sudo line into od, i get to see
regular blank characters (ASCII 32 decimal):

  $ echo 'sudo apt install nfs-common' | od -c
  0000000   s   u   d   o       a   p   t       i   n   s   t   a   l   l
  0000020       n   f   s   -   c   o   m   m   o   n  \n

But the second (failing) line yields multi-byte UTF-8 characters instead:

  $ echo 'sudo apt install nfs-common' | od -c
  0000000   s   u   d   o       a   p   t 342 200 203   i   n   s   t   a
  0000020   l   l 342 200 203   n   f   s   -   c   o   m   m   o   n  \n

This is not my old enemy "Nbsp", which would be 302 240 (0xc2 0xa0).

As hex it is 0xe2 0x80 0x83. I find it on
  https://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=8064&names=-&utf8=0x
as U+2003 which brings me to
  https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+2003
  "Em Space"
"Em" seems to be a typographic width (size like in a fixed font ?)
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Em_%28typography%29

I read about U+2003 in
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitespace_character
  "Also known as "mutton". Width of one em. U+2001 Em Quad is canonically
   equivalent to this character; U+2003 is preferred.
   HTML/XML named entity:  , LaTeX: '\quad'"

Nbsp gets produced on an unmodified xterm by the combined Shift + Space
keys. You will have to find out on your own how your keyboard (or paste
buffer ?) produces Em Space.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas