Debian 9 on H410 hardware

In general I'm wondering if it is possible to upgrade an older Debian
system to be compatible with newer hardware, without upgrading the whole
system to a later Debian version?

In particular, I'm wishing to get a Debian 9 system to run on an MSI
H410M-PRO-C board, with an Intel Pentium G6405 CPU.  Have updated to
latest backport kernel, and firmware packages.  For the most part
everything works fine, however Xorg is falling back to using fbdev
graphic driver.

This system is used in an offline application, and I'm not ready to
upgrade to Debian 11 at this time.

Thanks, Allen

Please CC me.  I only get the debian-digest mailings