Re: Debian's branches and release model

On Tue 19 Oct 2021 at 11:09:04 -0400, Peter Hoist wrote:

> > https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseProposals
> >

> Great list, contains a lot of what I have to say.

Almost all from 10+ years ago. Things have moved on during that time.
Maybe the annonynous author has too. Don't expect that page's comtent
to necessarily influence the future of Debian.

> The fact that debian is laser focused on stable, and does not officially
> encourage using testing as a rolling release (as evidenced from a couple
> replies to this email chain), yet there are still people doing it, is a
> testament of how good debian is. Just don't abandon us:)

You will not be abandonned but your desires, whatever they are, will
not be catered for in the way you want. CUT was tried; it failed.

Stick with what you are doing if it keeps you happy.

--
Brian.