Re: Xfce4 Problem with User Desktop Background Color

On 10/15/21, Stephen P. Molnar <s.molnar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 10/15/2021 09:51 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
>> Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
>>> Hit send a bit too soon. The Root desktop is not affected by the
>>> problem.

>> Given your second message, it is clear that this is a
>> configuration issue that is under the control of your normal
>> user, not an OS-wide problem. You will not need to reinstall.
>>
>> -dsr-
>>

> Thank you for the encouraging reply, but how do I fix the problem?
>
> Settings Manager - Desktop - Wallpaper for my desktop appears to be
> completely grayed out and is unresponsive.
>
> Your assistance is much appreciated.

This

sounds more like a video driver issue, but you can try setting the
background color again.
Right click on an empty space on the desktop & left click on Desktop Settings
Left click on the Background tab (Wallpaper for my desktop is also
grayed out on my machine), but below that panel there's a Color:
selection, pick Solid Color, click on the color sample and select
black.
Put a checkmark next to "Apply to all workspaces", make sure there's
no checkmark for "Change the background" and click on Close

Regards,
Lee