Re: LUKS encryption help

On 10/11/21 05:50, detrito@tuta.io wrote:
Hello friends, I'm sending this last email to inform you that I have given up on trying to recover the contents of my external hard drive and that I formatted it.

I hope you have implemented backups procedures, to prevent losing data in the future.

Thank you to every single one of you who spared their time to try and help me.

You are welcome.  :-)

On one last note, I should I drag attention to what seemed to be a bug on the boot screen that asked for my LUKS password: It considered backspaces as a normal character. I type my password and it shows an asterisk on the screen for every character I type - instead of deleting the asterisk, the backspace key created one more asterisk each time I pressed it.

When I boot my Debian machines with LUKS encrypted root filesystems, I see a bunch of time-stamped bootloader messages followed by the prompt:

    Please unlock disk sda3_crypt:

When I type on the keyboard, nothing is echoed to the screen.

David