Re: Then it happened to me...

On Du, 10 oct 21, 11:22:07, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> I don't care for Discourse.  At. All.  Too much is in control of the
> site admins.  It can probably be argued that email has too little
> control, however, my main gripe about the Discourse setups I have
> registered with are that the admins lock threads after a relatively
> short period of time.  I do understand that some don't like old threads
> coming back to the top but sometimes it is relevant to revive an old
> thread as new information comes available.  Unlike TV, in the real world
> solutions aren't always found in 39 1/2 minutes!

That's more an issue with the moderation than with the software itself.

It seems to me Debian moderators (in the few places where there actually
is such a thing) have been using a rather light-touch moderation style.

One major downside of mailing lists, especially for support, is that
they are free-for-all, i.e. for a newcomer it's basically impossible to
distinguish between good and less good (or downright harmful) advice.

Kind regards,
Andrei