Re: First time WINE user looking for tutorial

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 03:28:42 +0000
"Russell L. Harris" <russell@rlharris.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 08:24:38AM -0700, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> >On Sat, 9 Oct 2021 09:40:21 -0500
> >Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
>
> >Just be forewarned, WINE is not the catchall solution to running
> >Windows apps: The more involved codewise the program is like games or
> >Photoshop, the more problems you'll have. In those cases, just run
> >Windows in a virtual machine which is what I do for ALL Windows apps
> >I need. Less or virtually no gotchas!
>
> Richard, Can you recommend a virtual machine for Debian which can run
> Google Earth?

Richard didn't write that, I did -- Patrick.

I use VirtualBox for my VM needs, but why would you need to: Google
Earth has versions that run natively on Windows, OSX and Linux or you
can run it in most any web browsers -- https://earth.google.com/ --
regardless of OS.