Re: Issue with kernel 5.10.0-9-*?

	Hi.

On Sat, Oct 09, 2021 at 10:00:06PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> My system is debian/stable.
> As now the new kernel version is released, which is 5.10.0-9-amd64, I updated
> from 0-8-amd64 to 0-9-amd64.
>
> But, with this kernel I discovered, that the network traffic massively
> increased. I am not sure, what is causing this. Examining with wiresharḱ and
> also the syslog file, it looks like it has something to do with ntp. Also the
> broadcast messages are more than normal.

I cannot confirm your observations.
I have a small (<10 hosts) LAN all running Debian stable. NTP is used
for time synchronization.
Just like you, I've upgraded yesterday, and hosts are running kernel
version 5.10.0-9 (only one of them runs amd64 though).
I see nothing unusual in both tcpdump and ulogd2 (I use it for the
traffic accounting). Specifically, there's nothing unusual in NTP
packets, be it their size or quantity.

Reco