Re: Mouse left button acts really strange

Andreas Rönnquist wrote:
> I have massive problems with my Logitech M705 - Or specifically with
> the left mouse button. Sometimes (very often) singleclick becomes
> double-click, dragging items is very hard, it drops the drag before I
> release the mouse button. Clicking on the terminal icon in my xfce
> panel often starts three terminals. The weird thing is that mouse
> movement and the mousewheel works just fine. No problems there of any
> kind.
>
> On my latest boot of the system, it looked to me like the button acted
> normally for about one minute, but then the usual crap started
> happening again, so I assume that the mouse hardware is fine. (I have
> also tried another mouse - same behaviour).

I see this problem with Logitech wireless pointer products
(mouse, trackball...) when the distance between the USB receiver
and the pointing device is marginal or partially blocked. That
includes a distance of less than one meter where the USB
receiver is blocked by metal in the computer's case from seeing
the mouse.

If you get a USB extension cable or otherwise relocate the USB
receiver so that it is closer and has unblocked line of sight to
the mouse, I suspect your problem will go away.

-dsr-