Re: You have been removed from

On Fri, Oct 08, 2021 at 10:03:57PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> I doubt that it is due to any address in the body. Rather i assume that
> you are named in the MAIL FROM command of the bounce message.

Except, I'm *looking* at what bendel says it received, and that isn't
the case.

> What you see is the payload part of the bounce message, which is mainly
> an ornament without technical function. It could be completely forged.
> Only bendel.debian.org knows from where the bounce message came.

I'm trusting what it tells me.  It's showing me the full message that
it claims it received.  This includes both the headers and the body.

I can't imagine why it would show me something other than what it received.

If you haven't received one of bendel's "You have been removed" messages
yet, you can go back to my original post at the start of this thread.
I included the full text of what bendel sent to me.  You can very clearly
see the headers, and the complete lack of the string "wooledge" anywhere
in the headers.

Or, if you continue posting to debian-user often enough, you'll probably
start getting unsubbed after each one of your messages just like the
rest of us frequent-posters are seeing.  Then you can see your own version
of the message from bendel containing the **stop** message from OVH.