Re: MATE's workspaces almost what I want

On 10/08/2021 09:59 AM, Dan Ritter wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
In MATE you can have different applications open in each workspace.

I would like to have a different set of icons displayed for each workspace.

Is there a desktop environment similar to MATE that can do that?

With wmctrl, lots of things are possible. Maybe even in MATE
itself.

Here's an XFCE example:

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=8380

-dsr-

Thank you.
One of this weekend's tasks is putting Bullseye on one machine.
If wmctrl won't work with MATE, I'll see which desktop it will work with suits my desires best.