Re: slower Debian 11 after upgrade from 10

On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 1:59:21 AM EDT, David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com> wrote:

If your laptop has hardware that requires proprietary firmware, I very
much doubt that the firmware in question will ever be open-sourced.
Without the proprietary firmware, the best case is reduced
functionality using reverse-engineered drivers -- e.g. NVIDIA and
Nouveau.  Wi-Fi adapters requiring proprietary firmware tend to be
non-functional without such.

Either keep your laptop and install the proprietary firmware, or sell it
and get something with hardware that does not require proprietary firmware.

It is a work laptop, so I am definitely not selling it:) Plus, it is only 2-3 years old.
What bugs me is that it worked fine with Debian 10. I even had bought a wifi card from thinkpenguin since the original wouldn't work with free software.