Shared folder and wireless printer for qemu/kvm

Hi all,

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 11
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.78.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.10.0-8-amd64
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD CAICOS

I have my Debian 11 installation as host. I installed Debian 10 on qemu/kvm to run a program that needs Qt4. I need to set up a shared folder and connection to my wifi networked HP Officejet Pro 8600 printer. I have searched for a shared folder setup on the internet and have found multiple setups that don't agree with each other. Further, I don't remember the process to be so complicated when I did this before. Does anyone have a simple straight forward setup method.

I have not found a printer setup that works for my system. I can ping the printer from the guest OP. So the network bridge seems to be working fine. The HP printer is wifi connected to my local network and is accessible by all of the computers on the network. This includes the host system. I have Cups installed on both the host and guest systems. Nothing I do seems to find the printer. Note: Firefox works fine on the guest OS.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.