Re: unhappy upgrade

On Sunday 03 October 2021 11:02:46 am Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
(snip)
> > What amount of output does an apt-get update give you?
>
> Nine lines starting with "Get:", "Ign:", "Hit:" etc.
>
> "The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found."
>
> "Is the package apt-transport-https installed?"

So I figured I'd look,  and sure enough,  it's not installed.  I told it to do so,  and while that seemed to go okay for a bit at the end of the process I get a box popped up saying "An error has occurred".  In the box it says "W: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file 'var/cache/apt/archives/partial/apt-transport-https_1.4.11_amd64.deb couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'.-pkgAcquire::run (13 Permission denied)

No idea what the problem is here...

-
M Dakin