Re: unhappy upgrade

On Saturday 02 October 2021 12:34:50 pm Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 11:57:51AM -0400, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
> > In recent messaging here I touched on how I'd determined that my workstation was way behind being current.  Apparently I needed to go 8->9->10->11.  I tried the first of those steps,  and things did not go well in a number of ways...
> >
> > For some reason,  the software decided to remove virtualbox.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/VirtualBox

Looking at that page,  it seems to go off in a number of different directions,  and it's not clear to me what I might want to do here.

I did at one point download some stuff from the Oracle site,  but am now not sure what to do with it in terms of making it work with the packaging setup.  In /var/cache/apt there seem to be over a dozen different virtualbox files,  and elsewhere Im finding virtualbox-6.1_6.2.26-145957-Debian-stretch-amd64.deb which shows a date stamp within the past week.  But how to get the system to use this is not clear to me.

-
M Dakin