Re: No sound after bullseye install

On 02.10.2021 18:06, Daniel Haude wrote:
Hi,

after installing Debian bullseye I can't get sound to work. I'm using
lightdm + dwm, and I have pulseaudio installed. "pavucontrol" ist stuck
on the message "Establishing connection to PulseAudio. Please wait..."

I don't understand zilch about how sound on Linux works, but my
previous version of Debian on the same hardware worked.

NB, this is a fresh install, not an upgrade from buster (?).

You have to tell us more about your system. My crystal ball says you probably missing some firmware for a sound adapter from Intel.
Install firmware package from a 'non-free' section and see if that will help:
    # apt install firmware-intel-sound alsa-utils
To test the audio use 'speaker-test' utility:
    $ speaker-test -c2 -t wav
Also check if any channels were accidentally muted using 'alsamixer' utility.

If you still don't have any sound, send output from commands below with your next message:
    $ lspci -knnv | grep -A6 Audio
    $ aplay -l
    $ aplay -L | grep -A1 ^hw:
    # journalctl -b -g pulse