Re: Slow graphics on Intel Xtreme?

On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 07:20:19AM +0000, Nils wrote:
> So I installed this package. But unlike the guy in that post, my glxinfo still shows "Mesa/X.org" as OpenGL vendor string and "llvmpipe" as renderer string.
>
> Soo... Has the graphics card removed from the driver? Can I install some more ancient driver?

Here's another thread from 8 years ago:
<https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/15ps6v/getting_3d_support_on_intel_845g/>

Every search result I find says that this chipset is just *terrible*,
especially under Linux.  Even when it was brand new, it was cheap rubbish,
for bottom-of-the-line machines.

At some point, hardware simply becomes obsolete, and you'll have to
accept this.  You're free to continue searching, but as I said before,
you really need to get in touch with people who are experts in ancient
Intel chipsets if you want any hope.

Meanwhile, I also found:

<https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/fb/intelfb.html>
<https://manpages.debian.org/bullseye/xserver-xorg-video-intel/intel.4.en.html>