Re: Upgrading binary: nginx

	Hi.

On Sat, Oct 02, 2021 at 12:03:36PM +0200, pk wrote:
> I got this message when installing nginx-light today. What does it
> mean and where does it come from? I could not grep it in the
> nginx-light .deb.

It's the usual nginx behaviour on restart.
Instead of shutting down nginx completely and then running a new set of
nginx processes it merely re-executes the same binary in each its
process.
The end result is the same (i.e. you have fresh set of processes running
from an updated binary), the implementation requires some creative
coding (which is why nginx has it, and apache does not).

tl;dr version - nginx did what it was supposed to.

Reco