Re: What do we have that will save a manpage as we see it on-screen

On 10/1/21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> With the man markup subtracted, so what we save is exactly what we see.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett.

Hi, Gene. I'm not sure if I'm understanding correctly, but.. I do this
(am using the LILO package as an example):

man lilo > manLILO

I just tested it to make sure first. Mine here looks exactly like the
terminal version when that manLILO file is viewed in Mousepad (XFE4's
text editor). That still prints all the useful "SEE ALSO", last date
edited, and e.g. "LILO(8) leads that appear at the bottom, too.

Others here sometimes do something a little fancier than only that ">"
(greater than sign), but I can't remember what it is nor if it applies
to something as straight forward as this one.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey
* runs with birdseed *